The much-anticipated gangster action drama, “Animal,” starring Ranbir Kapoor, Anil Kapoor, and Bobby Deol, hit the silver screens on December 1, 2023. Directed by Sandeep Reddy Vanga, the film has garnered attention with its intense trailer and promotional content. Let’s delve into the Telugu movie review to see if “Animal” lives up to the colossal hype.
“Animal” revolves around Ranvijay Singh Balbir (Ranbir Kapoor), a son deeply devoted to protecting his father, Balbir Singh (Anil Kapoor). Ranvijay’s unrequited love from his father sets the stage for a gripping narrative. The story takes an unexpected turn when an attack targets Balbir Singh, prompting Ranvijay to unleash his ferocity in protecting his father.
- Ranbir Kapoor’s Outstanding Performance: Ranbir Kapoor’s portrayal of Ranvijay is nothing short of brilliant. His convincing enactment of the wild and intense character adds a layer of authenticity to the film. A standout moment is the extraordinary conversational scene in the climax that leaves a lasting impact.
- Engrossing First Half: Despite a lengthy runtime, the first half captivates the audience with character development, well-staged action sequences, and high moments. The interval sequence, superbly shot with a fantastic background score by Harshavardhan Rameshwar, elevates the film.
- Chemistry Between Leads: Rashmika Mandanna shines in her role, displaying excellent chemistry with Ranbir Kapoor. The Telugu dubbing is seamless, enhancing the viewing experience.
- Technical Brilliance: The film boasts impressive songs, cinematography, and curated action set pieces. Harshavardhan Rameshwar’s scintillating background score enhances the impact of crucial scenes.
- Bold and Wild Scenes: Similar to Sandeep Reddy Vanga’s previous works like “Arjun Reddy” and “Kabir Singh,” “Animal” features bold and intense scenes that may spark discussions. The film takes the wildness to higher levels, potentially raising eyebrows.
- Tonal Shifts in Second Half: The second half introduces tonal shifts in Ranbir’s character, delving into psychological depths. While adding depth to the character, these shifts may not resonate with all viewers, especially the mass audience.
- Underdeveloped Characterization: Bobby Deol’s character feels underdeveloped, impacting the face-off in the pre-climax. Excessive usage of English and predictability in the latter part might be points of contention.
Technical Aspects: The film excels in technical aspects, including music, cinematography, and action choreography. However, the editing could have been tighter in the last hour.
Verdict: “Animal” is an intense action drama with universal appeal in the first half. Ranbir Kapoor’s award-worthy performance, coupled with strong technical elements, makes it a compelling watch for those who appreciate unconventional storytelling. However, tonal shifts, bold content, and excessive violence might not resonate with everyone. If you enjoy films high on heroism and unconventionality, “Animal” is worth a watch.
For more updates stay tuned to FELA News!