A list of fake universities in India has been released by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The UGC has written to the principal secretaries and departments of higher education of the state governments, urging them to take the necessary measures against the fraudulent educational institutions.
“I would like to inform you that your institution figures in the list of fake Universities, as the institution is not a “University” within the meaning of Section 2(f) or Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, but engaged in the business of conferring degrees or using the word “University” with its name to defraud and cheat innocent students by awarding fake degrees. It has become a matter of concern as many students are becoming victims of the fraudulent act of your institution,” the UGC secretary, Manish Joshi wrote in an official letter sent to the VCs of these institutes.
- Christ New Testament Deemed University
- Bible Open University of India
- All India Institute of Public & Physical Health Sciences (AIIPHS) State Government University
- Commercial University Ltd.
- United Nations University
- Vocational University
- ADR-Centric Juridical University
- Indian Institute of Science and Engineering
- Viswakarma Open University for Self-Employment
- Adhyatmik Vishwavidyalaya (Spiritual University)
- Badaganvi Sarkar World Open University Education Society
- St. John’s University
- Raja Arabic University
- Sree Bodhi Academy of Higher Education
- Gandhi Hindi Vidyapith
- National University of Electro Complex Homeopathy
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose University (Open University)
- Bhartiya Shiksha Parishad
- Indian Institute of Alternative Medicine
- Institute of Alternative Medicine and Research
Stay Update with FELA NEWS|