October 2, the Prime Minister will dedicate and lay the cornerstone for a number of development initiatives, one of which is the opening of the Atal Bihari Vajpayee Training Centre for Disability Sports.
A historic event will take place at the Atal Bihari Training Centre for Disability Sports on October 2 when the Honourable Prime Minister officially opens the facility. Dr. Virendra Kumar will also grace the occasion with his illustrious presence. This huge endeavour demonstrates how committed our country is to fostering sports accessibility and inclusivity for all.
An important step towards giving people with disabilities equal opportunity in sports, nurturing their talents, and encouraging their involvement in many sporting disciplines is the establishment of the Atal Bihari Training Centre for Disability Sports.
This inaugural event will provide a venue to demonstrate the commitment to supporting an open and accessible sporting ecosystem. We believe that sports have the power to transcend barriers and inspire individuals, regardless of their physical abilities.
The Atal Bihari Training Centre for Disability Sports is a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to training and nurturing athletes with disabilities. It houses world-class infrastructure and coaching staff to provide the best possible training environment for differently-abled athletes.
It is an Autonomous body established by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan), Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India.
The Centre is registered as a society under the M.P Societies Registration Act, 1973 dated: 22.09.2021, with authorities being Governing Body & Executive committee supervising the activities of the Centre.
The Centre functions with the following Aims and Objectives:
- To establish a state-of-the-art international level Centre of Excellence for sports for para sportspersons (PwDs) with fully accessibility as per norms.
- To create specialized sports infrastructure so that the para sports persons can undergo rigorous and specialized training in the Centre.
- To provide training facilities for Divyang sportspersons at par with the latest such facilities available elsewhere in the world.
- To ensure participation of Divyangjan in sports activities in greater numbers and enable them to effectively compete in international events.
- To help build confidence and develop a sense of belonging in Divyangjan to facilitate their integration in Society.
The cabinet has approved a budget of 151.16 cores, at an area of 34 acres, for setup of the Centre.
Stay Update with FELA NEWS|