Mumbai: The Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) headed by Prasoon Joshi has cleared the much talked about Shahrukh-Deepika starrer ‘Pathaan’. The film is now ready for its release on January 25 this year.
READ | Pathaan Row: Censor board suggests changes to songs & film
CBFC has cleared the release of the film with a U/A certification after 12 significant cuts.
Apart from cuts suggested in the most controversial song number ‘Besharam Rang’ filmed on Deepika, another 10 cuts have been suggested to the makers in scenes and dialogues of the film before giving the clearance.
In the song, the board has its scissor on the close-up shots of buttocks, side pose of Deepika, her sensuous moves during the lyrics. It is reported that the saffron- outfit that triggered the nation- wide protest remained untouched.
READ | ‘Jitne bhi positive log hai, sab zinda hai…’: SRK calls for positivity amid boycott Pathaan trend
The other 10 cuts are as follows-
(1) The word Raw is to be replaced by Hamare
(2) The hindi phrase Langde Loole by Toote Foote
(3) The word PMO to be removed
(4) The word PM delivered at 13 different places of the film is to be replaced either by President or Minister
(5) The word Shrimati Bharat Mata by Hamari Bharat Mata
(6) The military decoration Ashok Chakra by Veer Puraskar
(7) The word KGB by SBU
(8) The word Scotch by the word Drink
(9) Reference to Russia to be removed and
(10) Black President Root to be dropped.
Despite the cuts, the ongoing nation wide protest against the release of the film has not stopped.