The Delhi Police on Monday issued a traffic advisory on Sunday, informing commuters about closure of a section of the Delhi-Jaipur Highway (NH-48) between Rangpuri and Rajokari for 90 days.
According to the Delhi Police advisory, the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) is constructing the Dwarka Expressway under the Bharat Mala Project from Dwarka Link Road near Shiv Murti on the National Highway. NH-48 connects Delhi to Gurugram.
Delhi traffic Police advisory:
- Traffic near the Shiv Murti intersection will be diverted from the main highway to the newly-built slip roads. The closure of the carriageways is expected to increase the volume of traffic on the roads.
- The advisory further said that people travelling towards Delhi airport, the interstate bus terminus or railway stations should carefully plan their commute with sufficient time at hand.
- Commuters going towards or coming from Gurugram or Jaipur have been advised to use the Mehrauli-Gurgaon Road.
- Those going towards Dwarka, Kapashera and Najafgarh have been advised to take the Palam Road from Gurgaon Road flyover. The commuters travelling from Gurugram, Kapashera and Dwarka towards Dhaula Kuan and Vasant Vihar may take Dwarka Flyover Road No 201.
- People have been urged to cooperate by planning their journey in advance and take the alternate routes mentioned routes.