According to authorities, the Delhi Real Estate Regulatory Authority revoked its September decision instructing sub registrars not to register homes in contravention of building rules hours after its top brass met Lt Governor V K Saxena on Tuesday.
Earlier in the day, Saxena discussed the subject with the chairman and members of Delhi RERA, as well as the chief secretary and divisional commissioner, in Raj Niwas.
“The LG impressed upon and requested the RERA to revisit its order in view of the hardship it is causing to common people in Delhi,” a spokesperson for Raj Niwas said.
The Delhi RERA secretary stated in a new order, “Considering the various facts on record, the Authority has decided to withdraw its order dated 11.09.2023 with immediate effect.”During the meeting with RERA chairman and members, the LG brought to their notice the “acute problems and harassment” being faced by the residents of Delhi in a wide ranging discussion regarding the “repercussion of its order”, the Raj Niwas official said.
In an order issued on September 11, the Delhi RERA urged sub-registrars to avoid from registering additional dwelling units on a plot that had been built in excess of the number of units permissible for its size.
It also mandated that any construction plans approved after September 15, 2023, explicitly show the total number of housing units that can be built on a site, with each residence designated separately on the plan.
Following the distribution of the Delhi RERA order, revenue department sub-registrars ceased property registration, despite senior government officials claiming that no order to that effect was issued by the department.
According to the Raj Niwas official, the LG had received submissions and concerns from MPs, MLAs, municipal councilors, civil society organizations, and the general public over the difficulties in registering sale documents for properties being sold and acquired.
Stay Update with FELA NEWS|