The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has issued a number of SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and guidelines for the administration of class X and XII practical exams in schools. Students and school administrators can find the most recent instructions on the CBSE’s official website.
According to the official notification, “To bring in uniformity of instructions and to ensure the correctness of procedures Guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the conduct of practical examinations/ project/ internal assessment of both the classes have been prepared by the Board.”
“It has been observed that some schools are making serious mistakes and requesting the Board to change the result after its declaration,” it continued. As a result, schools are being advised to follow the rules, as the CBSE will not accept any requests to modify the uploaded marks in any manner.” The board stressed that if the guidelines are not followed by the schools, it reserves the power to cancel the practical examination.
Practical tests for grades X and XII are set for January 1 to February 14, 2024. Meanwhile, the theoretical examinations will be held from February 15 to April 2.
The guidelines that must be followed are as follows:
- The marks in respect of all practical examinations/project/internal assessments should be uploaded simultaneously, starting from the dates of conduct of exams/assessments.
- The uploading of marks should be completed by the last date of the respective class. The board will not allow any extension of the dates.
- While uploading the marks, the school, the internal examiner and the external examiner should ensure that correct marks have been uploaded. No correction in the marks will be allowed once the uploading process is done.
- Practical answer books for class X will not be provided by the Board, schools are responsible for arranging the materials. Once the exams conclude, the practical answer books need not be sent to the regional office.
- Schools and examiners need to keep in mind the maximum marks allotted for practical/project/internal assessment as per CBSE while awarding/uploading marks.
- In case any student is found guilty of communicating or attempting to communicate with examiners to influence them to take undue advantage during assessments will be deemed to have used/attempted unfair means.
- To ensure fair and proper assessment, practical examinations/project assessments should be conducted in two or three sessions in a day if the number of students is more than 30.
- It may be noted that since the size of the batch/group is 30, the examination/assessment of each batch/group should be conducted in one session.
- Practical examination can only be conducted by an external examiner appointed by the Board. The school authorities are not authorised to make alternate arrangements for external examiners.
There have been more such guidelines, SoPs released by the CBSE Board on their official website, schools are requested to visit the official website- cbse.gov.in.
Stay Update with FELA NEWS!